Saturday, October 25, 2008

Working on my bucket list

I don't have an exceptionally interesting bucket list by most peoples standards which is odd because most people seem to think I am rather eccentric however overtly imaginative or not I am getting it done, slowly but surely.

So here was/is my list

1) Live in Newfoundland

2) Have one shot at every bar on George Street and walk off the street

3) See Alice Cooper before he dies (note I said before HE dies not before I die)

4) Go to OZ fest

5) Have kids

6) Go to Australia

7) Own a Newfoundland Dog

8) Start my own business

9) Write, and publish, a novel

10) Get inked

11) Feel sexy in my own skin

That is it. I have no other desire that I feel my life will be incomplete if I die without doing it. This could be directly related to the fact that I have enough weird life experiences to supply most people for ten life times by the time I was 14 and started thinking bucket list though so the mundane seemed more appealing.

So here I am at 26 and I think I have made pretty good progress.

1) Live in Newfoundland - I moved to Newfoundland in 2000 and while I left for a year I came back. I guess this is my hearts home although I wish some loved ones would move here

2) Have one shot at every bar on George Street and walk off the street - incomplete but not for lack of trying. There are over SIXTY bars on that street and although I am pretty good drinker I only made it a little over half way through. I will try again some day when I have a few hundred dollars to blow though

3) See Alice Cooper before he dies (note I said before HE dies not before I die) - WOOT did that one Tuesday night. I want to do it again, would it be weird to call him my muse? his music unleashes a creative wave in me and seeing his concert has put me into a full out writing frenzy !!!

4) Go to OZ fest- not done yet. I have to travel to where it is going as it is NEVER coming here so I am biding my time but I will get er done before he dies

5) Have kids - Did that turns out I am not as good at having babies as I thought but I did get one healthy little ray of sunshine out of 6 pregnancies

6) Go to Australia - Cant wait to do it. No idea when it will happen though, I am thinking I would like to take Ethan with me so I want him to be a teen at least

7) Own a Newfoundland Dog - This is in fact one of the main reasons I am striving for home ownership.

8) Start my own business- Done that I am over 2 years as a child care provider now.

9) Write, and publish, a novel - I did part a but my last 2 works were not good enough for publication . One because it just wasn't and the other because I think I was trying too hard to be someone else rather than trusting in my own ability and words to be worthy

10) Get inked - did that in may doing it again next summer

11) Feel sexy in my own skin - shockingly that never happened until AFTER having 2 kids. Realistically my body was better 10 years ago but I like it so much better now

No comments:

Post a Comment