Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I abandoned it why

I was doing some writing tonight and got about 1000 words in between the baby shitting and demanding to be fed so I guess I can't really complain. It has been a slow few months between Christmas and loosing my computer to the flood but now that I have a shiny new laptop I ran out of excuses not to write. When I finished the chapter I was working on I found a draft of what I had completed of Sariel and realized i was over 18,000 words into it when I walked away.

Now I am sitting here trying to figure out why I abandoned it. I still like the premise and for a first draft the balls it sucked were relatively small. I am not sure I am going to go back to it right away but I am quite glad I managed to retrieve what I had dome of it.

If I can finish "forgotten" by the end of February I may go back to work on it before I start editing. Unlike "blender" wich was 30000 word of epic fail I think I may be able to salvage it

No comments:

Post a Comment