Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh noes! I caught the emo.

Self doubt is not an affliction that I am normally bothered by. Usually I am laughing at people who tell me I can't do something or am not good enough and informing them that contrary to their uneducated (and IMO worthless) opinion "I AM THE SHIT ". In fact my biggest personality flaw is probably a lack of modesty.

Don't get me wrong now I have plenty of others, like the inability to keep my opinions to myself, but my ego is definitely my biggest issue.

So now that I have caught the emo I am not quite sure what to do with myself. It hit me out of no where today when I was writing away and then suddenly second guessing every word I put down. My internal dialogue went something like

"Am I using that word too much?"
"Should it be a the noun or pronoun here"
"crap maybe I should put the comma before that word, no definitely after, no before"

well it just went on and on. Eventually I had to put the writing away because the end result was really choppy and read like a book report.

Maybe I will take a break from writing and try to do a bit more reading, that usually clears my head a bit.

Now I just have to decide which super hero I want to come save me from the emo.

Should it be Wolverine


Or Iron man


Or Johnny Storm
.




Oh the decisions a girl has to make. Life is such a burden

No comments:

Post a Comment